Thursday, October 30, 2008

More carving fun


Molly really got into the carving part this year. It is nice that they make the kid-safe pumpkin saws now so the kids can really do more themselves. Molly wanted her Jack O'Lantern to look scary.

Alex was sure he could do it all by himself. He kept telling Cory to step away from his pumpkin. It was funny.

Molly's finished Jack O'Lantern!

Alex by his finished Jack O'Lantern.
Tomorrow we'll try to get photos of them lit up with candles outside. :)

-------

Molly is so funny. Often I hear her telling me things I've told her.
Today she wore a white shirt and white tights with her school uniform jumper (some days she wears a burgundy shirt and burgundy tights), and, of course, she got a pretty grass stain on her thick white cotton tights.
Molly knows that I've been having quite a hard time with her white tights. Earlier this week she had asked me why she couldn't wear white. I told her it was because all of her white tights were soaking because I cannot get all of the stains out that she gets in them from recess.

Today, Molly said, "Mom, look. I got a grass stain on my tights. It's ok. You can just wash them. If it doesn't come out, you can soak them for a while and try again and again. If it doesn't come out, I just won't wear these tights anymore. "
She wasn't being bossy about it. She said it in the sweetest voice. It was just funny to hear all of her instructions.
Does anyone know of anything that works better on dirt and grass stains than oxyclean and spray 'n wash? Those are not cutting it, and just not wearing the tights isn't an option. :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments: