Sunday, July 8, 2007

More Stories

Molly is running around the house wearing only her underwear and a princess crown. She has a princess wand in her hand. Cory asked her if she was a princess, and she said, "No, I am a king!"

Yesterday Alex locked Cory in our bedroom. We have a lever handle with a baby-proofing lock on the outside that we put there when Molly was younger to keep her from going in our room when it was her nap time. Cory was in the bedroom, and Alex slid the lock bar across, locking Cory in the room.
Molly yelled for me, and I went upstairs and unlocked the door. I told Cory that we should probably take that lock off of the door. He said that if the sliding part is all the way to the unlock position, it has to be pushed in to slide it and Alex can't do that. A minute later, Molly and Alex were out in the hall and Cory and I were in our bedroom. Alex loves playing with doors, and he shut ours. Then Cory said, "They locked us in!"
Nice. :) Cory and I had to try to explain to Molly how to unlock the door and let us out. After a few minutes, she got it open. Then she admitted that SHE had locked us in that time. Of course, she promised never to do that ever again. I still think it's time to remove the lock!

On Friday I took the kids to the park where we met a bunch of friends. The kids were all swimming at the park wading pool. I noticed Alex was walking kind of funny in the pool, but I just thought he was being really careful.
When I took him out to change him back into normal clothes, I had trouble pulling off his swim trunks. It turns out that instead of putting a new swim diaper on him right before putting him in the pool, I had grabbed one of Molly's super absorbent nighttime pullups!!! Oops! That thing had swelled up HUGE and HEAVY. No wonder Alex was walking funny! Poor little guy! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious that he was wearing a super absorbant diaper--and no complaints! what a little trooper!

Mark said...

Oh how funny!

WE loved all three stories! They made us laugh . Thanks for sharing.