Sunday, December 9, 2007

Music and cookies


Alex loves music. He likes to try to sing, and he loves instruments. Here he is playing his drum. :)

He got a toy guitar for his birthday, and he struts around and kind of dances as he "plays" it. :) It's really cute.

Molly and Alex love Christmas cookies. They like to put the sprinkles on them too.

We've been limiting the cookies, but we've let the kids have them every once in a while. Today before lunch Molly asked if she could have one after lunch. We said yes. However, things got kind of busy right after lunch and we forgot to have cookies. Just a little bit ago, Cory and I were playing Go Fish with Molly while Alex napped, and I wanted a cookie. I remembered that we had told Molly she could have one so I told her she could pick one. She said, "I want the snow man one. I'll go get it!" Then she ran into the kitchen (we were at the dining room table). She came back into the room with the snow man cookie. Cory and I asked her where she had gotten it from, and she showed us.
She had snuck it from the cookie container earlier today when we weren't watching, and she hid it in the couch!!! (We have a couch in our breakfast nook while our basement is being renovated.) Cory and I had to turn away from her so she couldn't see how hard we were laughing. After we could get straight faces, we explained that she shouldn't sneek food or hide food in our furniture. Silly girl.

---

Advertising strikes again: Cory said yesterday Molly was watching Care Bears, and she came up to him and said, "Dad, we need to go to Build a Bear Workshop. It's where best friends are made." (That is exactly what the commercial says, by the way.)
Then she added, "I've seen it at the mall, but I've never been there before. We should go."


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Food in the couch! I'm cracking up.