Tuesday, December 4, 2007

O Christmas Tree


It was snowing Saturday morning when we went to pick out our Christmas tree. Then we all came inside and had some hot cocoa. I think that was the first time Molly and Alex had tried hot cocoa, and they loved it. :) Molly told me she wanted to have some every time she came inside after getting cold playing outside all winter.

Molly and Alex got to hang all of our unbreakable ornaments on the tree. They loved it! One funny part was that Alex didn't want to have the Christmas music playing. Every time we turned it on, he went over to the stereo and turned it off.

Molly told Alex, "Be careful. The tree is very porkely!"
( It actually has very soft needles.)
I asked Molly, "Do you mean prickly? Or pokey? Prickly things have needles that can poke you."
Molly said, "Yeah mom, but look at all the porkels on the tree!"


Sweet hugs. :)


How precious is this?!?

-----------

Alex has been really cracking us up lately. The other day, he was eating a clementine in the kitchen. Cory and I were in the living room, and Alex walked up to Cory and said, "YUCKY!". Alex gave Cory the inside stringy stuff from his clementine, and then said, "Thank you!!!" and walked back into the kitchen.

There is a new cook book out there that is all about hiding vegetable purees in other foods so your kids eat more vegetables.
I was skeptical, but I thought I'd try it. I made a box of Kraft mac n cheese (that they love!) for lunch and put only like 3 Tbs of pureed squash in it.
NEITHER kid ate it. :( Molly said it was too cheesy and she didn't like it. She only ate one spoonful and refused to try any more.
Alex found one little squash string on his spoon and said, "Uh Ohh, Uh Ohh, HELP!" and had me rinse it off for him. Then he didn't eat any more.
I ate it, and I could tell the texture was different but it tasted the same as always.
I guess we'll just stick with baby carrots, frozen peas, corn, and canned green beans. At least they eat SOME vegetables. Maybe they'll branch out when they are older. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharring these! I love the heavily decorated bottom of the tree, brings back memories. Good luck moving them other parts of the tree. :)

Those hugs are so precious!

The mac n cheese story is so funny! Kids are so smart! I guess they have sharp tastebuds.