Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hair Cuts


Tonight I gave Cory, Molly, and Alex all hair cuts. Cory went first, and Alex picked up some of Cory's cut hair from the floor and put it on his chest so he could have chest hair like Daddy. Alex is always trying to get a laugh!
Also... notice Alex's hair BEFORE the hair cut. He has beautiful curls, but his hair is really fine. It was starting to look pretty scraggly. I was sad to cut off his curls, but it seemed like it was time.

AFTER! What do you think? Is it better short, or should I let it grow out long again?

Another After shot of Alex.

We made recycled crayons this week. I had Molly and Alex find all of their short or broken crayons and peel the paper off. Then they put the crayon pieces into a silicone molds (one was a mini-muffin pan with a crack in it so it's no longer going to be used for food, and one was an Ikea fish-shaped ice cube tray that I bought for this project). Then we baked them in the oven until melted and let them cool. Molly and Alex loved the project. The new crayons turned out well except that the fails broke off of my fish when I popped them out of the mold.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nina said...

It looks great!! How did you learn to cut hair so well? I think he looks more handsome with the short hair, but I like the curls, too.

Joslin3 said...

Good job Emily! Alex looks so gown up! I love the cut, but I always love shorter hair :)

Rachel said...

That is so funny !! I like Alex with short hair. You did a great job !!

Kim Nelson said...

That "cut the curls" is a tough one but I do always like the little man in the end. :-)