Saturday, August 8, 2009

Funny Stories

Cory and I were just making lunch when we heard a clunk and some yelling upstairs. Then it was quiet again. I went to the stairs and called out, "What happened?"
Molly said, "Alex punched me. And um... well I um.... Alex punched me and I forgot not to do something back to him so I kicked him. But then I said I was sorry and hugged him and asked him to forgive me. So we are ok."

------

Alex has been really into pretend play lately. This morning he appeared wearing his little hard hat and carrying his tool box. He was waiting not-so-patiently for Molly to wake up so she could play with him.
He said, "I am a builder and Molly is a detective. I saw Daddy do a CRIME and now Molly needs to investigate the CRIME." (He says crime with an emphasis each time, only it sounds more like "kwime". Super cute!)


A few days ago, Molly and Alex were running around wearing different silly hats. Alex told me he was a chef and Molly was a movie director. Alex said he was going to make me lunch. I thought he was making me "pretend" lunch, but then he said I should come into the kitchen. When I got there, Molly had put on the Little Mermaid for my viewing pleasure, and Alex had made me lunch. It was all ready on the table. I should have taken a photo of it. It was sooooo cute! At the table for me was one slice of ham, 2 raw broccoli florets, 2 apple slices, 6 blueberries, and a glass of water. I should mention that the broccoli and apples were already cut up in containers in the fridge, so thankfully he didn't have to attempt to cut anything. That would have been scary.

-----

One day Molly spilled some goldfish crackers in the van as we were driving. Cory and I told her she had to pick them all up once we got home. She kind of growled at us and said, "I thought this was a regular day when I didn't have to do anything."

No comments: