Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Creativity

Alex is always making crafts, and using his imagination to make different things.  One day, he made a scratch-art alligator and then hung it across the doorway with ribbon and yarn.  He asked me to crawl under it and leave it up so Daddy could see it when he got home. 

One day, Alex created this "peg leg" for himself with blue paper.  He told me that his normal foot had fallen off, so he made himself a peg leg.  Ha!
The thing to his right is a plastic blue cup that he used to make a "bug catcher".  He was sure it would catch a lot of bugs and was sad that none had crawled inside the next day. :)

----
Stories
----
As the Royal Wedding approached, I kept hearing other women talk about how they remember watching Princess Diana's wedding with their moms and how they were excited to watch this Royal Wedding with their own daughters.  I didn't really have any desire to watch the wedding, but I decided that I better talk to Molly about it in case she wanted to see it. 
I asked her if she had heard about it.  She said no.  I told her how Prince William was getting married to a woman who was a commoner, and how she would become a real life princess when she got married.  I told Molly that a lot of people will be excited to see all the fancy clothes the guests wear, too.  I asked her if she wanted me to record the wedding so we could watch it together.
Molly gave me a really funny look.
Then she said, "It's JUST a wedding.  Why on earth would I want to watch THAT?!?"

My girl is just not into princesses, and I'm ok with that. :)
-----

A few days ago, Alex came home from preschool excited to show me something.  He looked so happy and proud, and asked me to come into another room so he could show me something.  I did, and guess what amazing thing he showed me?  He had learned how to make farting noises with his armpit.  Really.
He is very excited about his new talent.
I'm so very proud. :)
-----


Posted by Picasa

No comments: