Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Funny Stories


Isn't this marvelous? Those are all googly eyes glued on the white paper along with some stick puppets, a piece of paper, and some numbers Alex punched from a box. Lovely. :)

----
Today Molly asked to go to the library.  I told Molly that our library is now closed on Wednesdays and explained that it is because a nearby library that was undergoing renovation has now reopened.  She asked why our library has to be closed.  I said, "It's to save money."  Molly pouted and said, "To save money?  More like to disappoint the children!!!"

----

One of Alex's eye teeth came in kind of like a conjoined twin teeth.  We call it his "double tooth".  Alex loves his double tooth because we've said it is special, and he talks about how when he loses it someday he'll get twice the money from the Tooth Fairy. 
A couple of days ago, Alex asked me why he has a double tooth.  I told him what I always tell him, "because God made you that way."  Alex said, "I know, but why do I have one but nobody else does?"  I told him that everybody is unique and everybody has something that is a little different from everybody else.   Alex seemed to like that explanation.  Then he said, "I know what Kevin* has that is a little bit different."  I asked, "What is that?"  Alex said, "He's a little bit mean." 
Ok, then. 
*Kevin is not his real name.  I changed it to protect the possibly innocent.

----

Yesterday, we were all driving in our van.  We stopped behind a car with a Montana license plate.   Cory and I were discussing how we didn't think we had seen a plate like that before and didn't think it looked very nice.  (Sorry Montana)
Molly overheard and asked what we were talking about.  I explained to her what we said.  Then Alex overheard THAT conversation and asked, "What did you say about Hannah Montana?"
Molly said, "Alex, they aren't talking about Hannah Montana, they are talking about that car in front of us that's called a Montana."  Um, no.  That wasn't it.
It would be a lot easier if Cory and I could just have our own conversations!

----


I forgot to post about something really funny that happened on Easter. 
Molly and her friend Jerusha were bored and came to complain to the adults about how bored they were. 
My friend Sara had told me that when she was a kid, her mom always had her make a list of things she could do whenever she complained she was bored.  She said she did it, and making the list always made her think of something fun to do. 
It sounded like a great idea, so I told Molly to go make a list of all the things they could do.

Later, Alex (who had been playing Wii with Jerusha's brother Isaiah) came upstairs complaining that the girls were throwing dress up clothes at them. 
I asked Molly to come upstairs, and I asked if what Alex had said was true.  She said yes.  I asked her why she thought that would be a good choice.  She said, "It was on my list."
Really?

Later, I found two sheets of paper in the office.  She and Ru really had made a list.  They had also gone through the list, checking off the things they completed and scratching out the things they didn't want to do.

Here is Molly's List:

Littlest pet shop
TV
Polly Pockets
Magnet Girls (they are like magnetic paper dolls)
Stare out the window
Play Zhu Zhu pets
Play with stuffed animals
Play build a bears
Play the anything game
Watch the boys
Spy on the boys
Play Wii
Play DS
Play on the computer
Play dogs
Play house
Spy on the grown ups
Crafts
Make signs
Eat all our candy
Spy on Alex
Play dogs
Make collages
Color
Lie on the bed
Beg the grown ups to take us to the movies
Ask if we can watch TV
Spy on the boys
Barbies
Scribble
Dress up
Pelt the boys with the dress-up clothes
Dig through the trash
Play outside
Dig through the recycling

That's it!  Crazy list.  Dig through the trash? What?
I thought it was funny that "pelt the boys with dress-up clothes" really was on the list.  Ha!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

This made me cry I was laughing so hard.