Thursday, June 21, 2007

More stories

Molly has a favorite Dora toy that she has been carrying around everywhere lately. Alex was talking about it, only when he says Dora, it sounds like "Dee Da".
Molly was getting upset at him, and she shouted, "It's not DEE DA, it's DORA!"

We tried explaining to her how Alex is just learning to talk and can't say a lot of letter sounds yet. He tries to say Dora, and "Dee Da" is the best he can do right now.
She wasn't buying it.
Molly herself still cannot say her l's very well (which is fine, many kids can't until they are 4-5), so I told her it was like how she can't say l's. I said, "It's like how your name is Molly, but you say "Ma-wee" instead of "Mal-lee".
She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "I don't say Ma-wee! I say Ma-wee!"
Ok, then. :)

---

Alex is still OBSESSED with brooms, vacuums, and water. He has a toy broom and a toy vacuum, and he loves them both. However, what he really wants is the real thing. It's a serious obsession. Whenever we are out and he sees a custodian cleaning, he points and really wants to pitch in and do the mopping/sweeping/etc.
I'm constantly needing to sweep at home between all the sand/dirt they drag in from playing so hard outside and all the food they spill on the floor. The problem is that Alex has a major hissy fit every time I'm sweeping because he wants the broom. His little broom won't do. He needs the big one.
It's so bad that I have to either have Cory hold him or strap into his booster seat in order to sweep. Alex screams and cries the entire time because he wants the broom. It's insane.

Alex also loves water. He is always up for taking a bath or swimming in the kiddie pool. Lately, though, his favorite thing to do is to play in the sink with the water running. If we go upstairs, he runs right to the bathroom, climbs on the stool, and says "Wash! Wash! Wash!" until I turn the water on.

---

Last night during the bedtime devotional, Cory read about God sending the Israelites manna to eat, and he asked Molly what her favorite foods are. She said, "Pizza, candy, and cookies."
Nice.

1 comment:

Barb said...

I got the link, thanks. Great stories and pictures! A blog is such a good idea. I keep a journal at home, but friends and family could access a blog.