Thursday, March 5, 2009

"shirt hats" and interviews


Molly and Alex with their "shirt hats" on.

Molly's typical after school routine usually involves eating a snack, watching an episode of Cyberchase (her favorite TV show), and then taking her school clothes off and wearing only underwear until bedtime when she puts on pajamas. Yes, at 5 1/2 years old, she STILL prefers to wear as little clothing as possible (underwear are required in our house). Of course as soon as Molly starts removing clothing, Alex joins in on the fun and copies his sister. They do it even in the coldest weeks of winter. I'm wearing 3 layers inside the house and they are running around mostly without clothes.
One day, Molly and Alex randomly decided it was time to remove thier shirts, only they didn't pull them all the way off. Instead, they left the shirts dangling from their heads. They ran around yelling about how they were wearing "shirt hats". They were giggling and having a ton of fun together, so I had to take a photo of them in their "shirt hats". :)

----

Interviews

One of the notes that has been spreading all over Facebook is an interview with your child. I interviewed Molly and Alex, but I thought it would be more fun to post their answers here rather than doing it on Facebook.

------

I interviewed Alex, age 3 (my comments are in parenthesis)
February 27, 2009.

1. What is something mom always says to you? “I love you”
2. What makes mom happy? “I love you mom” (I am happy when he tells me that!)
3. What makes mom sad? “When I opened the graham cracker box.” (This morning he opened a new box of graham crackers after I told him we already had an open box and he could not open the new one. He opened the new one anyway and got a time out for it. I’m impressed he remembered!)
4. How does your mom make you laugh? “Wiggly worm” (It’s a tickling game – my fingers are wiggly worms coming to tickle him.)
5. What was your mom like as a child? “like Alex?” (somewhat!)
6. How old is your mom? "4?" (ha!)
7. How tall is your mom? “Big!”
8. What is her favorite thing to do? “Play the bunny game” (It’s a wii game he makes me play – Raving Rabbids)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? “I don’t know”
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? (No answer – I don’t think he understands “famous” yet.)
11. What is your mom really good at? “playing with me” (I’m happy he thinks so!)
12. What is your mom not very good at? (No answer – I think he’s getting sick of these questions.)
13. What does your mom do for her job? “Takes care of Alex.”
14. What is your mom's favorite food? “salad”
15. What makes you proud of your mom? (No answer – I don’t think he understands “proud”.)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? (No answer)
17. What do you and your mom do together? “play the bunny game” (Can you tell he asked me to play the bunny game with me right before I started asking him questions?)
18. How are you and your mom the same? “same coats” (We both have red coats.)
19. How are you and your mom different?
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?

(He had totally lost interest by question 19 and did not answer 19, 20, 21, or 22.)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I interviewed Molly, age 5 (my comments are in parentheses)
March 1, 2009
1. What is something mom always says to you? “It’s time to get ready”
2. What makes mom happy? “When we do what you want us to do.”
3. What makes mom sad? “When we do NOT do what you want us to do.”
4. How does your mom make you laugh? “By doing funny stuff!”
5. What was your mom like as a child? “I don’t know that one.”
6. How old is your mom? “30”
7. How tall is your mom? “I don’t know”
8. What is her favorite thing to do? “Take care of me and Alex”
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? “Play with Alex”
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? “I don’t know.”
11. What is your mom really good at? “Taking care of us.”
12. What is your mom not very good at? “I don’t know.”
13. What does your mom do for her job? “Take care of me and Alex.”
14. What is your mom's favorite food? “Tacos”
15. What makes you proud of your mom? “I don’t know”
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? “Scooby Doo” (I don't think Molly has ever seen an episode of Scooby Doo in her life.)
17. What do you and your mom do together? “art projects”
18. How are you and your mom the same? “’cause we both have long hair”
19. How are you and your mom different? “I don’t have glasses and you do.”
20. How do you know your mom loves you? “You say it every time.”
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? “He loves you.”
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? “To the Y”

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That was great. I love that Molly said your favorite place to go was the Y and that Alex lost interest !!

Anonymous said...

Molly knows you pretty well! Loved the shirt hat photo.

Joslin3 said...

cute :) i loved the interviews...and way to love working out :)