Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fun Stories




One day I walked upstairs to find this (below) on the outside of Alex's bedroom door. Yes, 3 drawings connected by sparkly pipe cleaners with 3 plastic spoons taped below. When I asked Alex what it was, he said, "You use it to knock on my door." I've left it up on his door because I think it's cute. :)

---
One day I walked past a play tent in our house and noticed there was a box inside. The box was heavy, so I took it out to see what was in it.




I opened the box, and I found quite a random assortment of things inside. The box contained a gift bag, a mask, a toy, blue clogs, some paper, a card Alex made, Molly's pajamas, two cardboard tubes, one of Cory's shirts, and a HUGE stack of kleenex. What??? My kid (Alex) is strange. I do not remember all of these items being near each other, so it's not like he was told to clean the room and just put it all in the box. I have no idea what inspired it.


-----------------------
Last night I took Molly and Alex to the Mall of America to the free Lego build event. They got to make cute little lego grills with cheeseburgers on top. On the way to the mall (only about a 15-minute drive), Molly finished reading Stuart Little. She said, "Mom, I finished Stuart Little!"
E: Great Job, Molly!
M: Are we close to the mall?
E: Yes.
M: I don't have another book with me. What will I do for the ride home?
E: You can look at the Lego thing you build.
M: That will get boring. I need another book. Mom, can we please stop at the book store and buy me another book so I have something to read on the way home?
E: Sure, sweetie.

I can't say no to books! However, Molly will soon need floor-to-ceiling book shelves in her room, I'm afraid. Yes, we do use the library (often!), but she likes to own certain books. Plus, Molly likes to have choices. She is usually in the middle of 2 or 3 chapter books at the same time, and she usually brings them all with her wherever she goes so she can choose which one she wants right then. I just bought her the entire Ramona series, but she needs more books so she can have more choices. Keeping her supplied with books this summer is going to be a challenge I think. It's a good problem to have, though! I hope Alex likes reading as much as Molly does.

-----------------------------------
Last week, Cory was reading a bedtime story that mentioned children in a family. Alex announced that he was going to have 10 children. Cory asked why, and Alex said, "so I can have a LONG car!"
------------------------------
A few days later, I was driving with Molly and Alex in back. We were taking Molly to a birthday party that was only for girls, and Alex was very upset to be left out. I started talking about how siblings should try to be happy for one another when good things happen to one of them. That led to a discussion about what the word "siblings" meant. Then Alex said, "When I am a grownup, I will have six children."
I said, "Wow, Alex. Six?"
A: Yes, six.
Molly: But Alex, then you will have to take care of them ALL, and that will be so much more work!
A: No. They will all stay together so I can see all of them at one time. Then when they are bigger, they will want to go to Mall of America with me and ride my favorite ride.
------------------------------------------
Tonight we ate corn on the cob for the first time this summer. Molly and Alex are big fans. We were all eating together and talking. Then all of a sudden, when Alex and Molly were 3/4 done eating the corn off of their cobs, Alex looked at Molly, smiled, and said, "I'm winning."
Cory said, "Alex it's not a competition... " but was cut off my Molly saying, "No, I'm winning!"
There was no stopping it... apparently the race was on. They are both so competitive!
-------------------------------------------
Alex was recently given a whoopie cushion as a party favor. He thinks they are the best toy EVER! The fun just never ends.
The cutest part is that he keeps forgetting their name, so he calls it his "squishy pillow that toots". Ha!!
-----------------------------
One morning on the way to school, Katy Perry's song "Hot'n'cold" was playing on the radio. Molly listened for a bit and then said, "This singer copied the song from the Chipmunks!!!" She was outraged! (The song is on the Squeakquel soundtrack, which Molly plays daily.)
I had to explain that it was really the other way around.
---------------------------------------
On day, Molly and Alex were playing with toy dragons. Their dragons are fighting each other. I overheard Alex say (as his dragon), "Well I'm going to go to God, and he has a plan for us and Jesus will come down and fight you with his light saber!"
-------------------------------------------


1 comment:

Joslin3 said...

ha. I got lots of laughs out of these stories. Your kids are so funny and creative!