Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


We went bowling for Father's Day. We had a bowling pass from May-August, and it made a good Mother's Day activity so we went back for Father's Day. Happy Father's Day, Cory! You are the best husband and father, and we are so thankful for you!

----------
Strawberry Picking

I don't have any photos from this, but it's a funny story.
In late June I took Alex strawberry picking at a berry farm. We went with my friend Rachel and her children, Ru and Isaiah.
Alex picked about three strawberries, saw that his hands were messy, and told me that he needed to have a bath. Ha!
The plants had recently been watered, so they were a little wet, and a tiny bit of dirt and straw stuck to some of the berries and leaves. They were generally really clean, but there were some moldy strawberries and slugs around. Alex won't even eat pizza without having it cut up so he can eat it with a fork and avoid the possibility of getting his hands messy. Picking the strawberries just wasn't going to happen.

So... I am picking away, and Alex starts eating strawberries out of my bucket. Ru and Isaiah were picking their own and eating some too, but they weren't eating any that Rachel picked.
Alex and Ru were talking to each other about the strawberries they were finding, and Alex kept holding up the biggest and best (from my bucket that I had picked!) to show her. Silly kid.
When we decided we had picked enough, we had to weigh our berries to pay. Rachel ended up with nearly twice as many berries as I did, since she had help and I just had an eater. :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: