Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun Stories


Isn't this drawing cute? Molly made it for Cory this afternoon. It's Cory wearing his sun glasses. :) I love it!

I'm going to try to remember some of the funny things the kids have said lately....

Last week, Cory was taking Alex out of the van, and our neighbor across the street was pruning his hedges near the street. Alex watched him and repeatedly asked Cory (in a voice loud enough for the neighbor to hear), "What old man doing? What old man doing? WHAT OLD MAN DOING?"


Molly loves watching ants, and, probably because of the movie "A Bug's Life", has declared that they are the world's most amazing creatures. Molly and Alex love to watch ants, but they freak out if a fly or spider gets near them.


Today Molly would not stay up in her room for quiet time like she is supposed to in the afternoon. Cory and I were taking a break and playing Dr. Mario (a video game) together. Since Molly was supposed to be in quiet time, we told her she couldn't play and had to just watch if she was going to be downstairs. She kept interrupting us and walking in front of the TV. Cory said, "Molly, if you are going to be down here, you need to let us play."
Molly said, "Hmm. Perhaps a movie would help." (hinting that she wanted us to put a movie on for her to watch)

I bought Molly some new pajamas last week. If she likes them, I buy some boy pajamas for her so Alex can wear them later. She found some cool glow-in-the-dark dinosaur and space shuttle pj's, so I got her both pair. I washed them, and that night I gave her the dinosaur ones to wear to bed. Alex grabbed them and declared that they were his and ran them up to his room. Then he took the shirt, HUNG IT ON A HANGER, and hung it up in his closet. The he said, "It's my favorite!" Molly wore the space shuttle ones that night. The next morning, it took Cory 10 minutes to convince Alex he could not wear Molly's dinosaur pajama shirt that day. After all, it was "his favorite."

Alex is still very picky about the clothes he wears. He insists all of his shirts be striped or have a baseball on the front, or he won't wear it. (Thankfully, 80% of his shirts meet this criteria.) The other day, his closet was getting a little low on shirts. I hadn't hung up the newly washed ones yet. Alex slowly looked at the remaining shirts one by one... but these were plaid or plain or Hawiian.... and none had stripes or baseballs on them. He looked at me and said, "Need more shirts!" Silly boy. He refused to wear any of them, and I had to go get him a striped shirt from the clean laundry basket.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Need more shirts!" Classic. Erin and I have this discussion all the time. Although she always says "no". I'm also with Alex in the shirts I will wear, they have to have pictures of cartoons. Hopefully Alex grows outta that though. ;)