Monday, July 14, 2008

Water fun

Today after swimming lessons we met some friends at the Hyland Park Reserve play area. They have HUGE climbing structure and playground. On hot days like this, the three arches that spray water are the biggest hit, though. :)


On the right you can see Molly (in the swimming suit), Alex (in red), and their friend Mado (in pink) waiting to go through this arch.

The water feels great!

Here are Alex and Molly running through an arch. You can see the giant slide in the background. This place is amazing!


---

Alex has been having trouble falling asleep at night lately. I wonder if we need to start limiting his afternoon nap to an hour so he'll be tired at bedtime. I'm sad that he's only 2.5 and already his afternoon nap is on its way out. :(

Just now, at 9:45pm, Alex (who has been in bed since around 7:50) came walking down the steps wearing only a diaper. He said, "Hi Mommy!" and just started chatting like there was nothing wrong. He had picked out new clothes (lately he tries to act like he has already slept and it is morning) and threw them down the steps.
I asked him why he was up and what ne needed. He said he needed more milk. At this point I was closer to him and could see that his diaper was on a little crooked/funny. I asked him if he had taken his diaper off. He said, "I took old diaper off. It was wet. This new diaper. I put it on myself!" Wow, impressive. I asked, "You took the other diaper off?"
A:Yes. I used wipes.
E: You used wipes? And then you put a new diaper on?
A: Yes, I used wipes. I put new diaper on myself. I need clothes on. You help put clothes on.
Wow.
I told Alex to go upstairs and that I would bring him more milk. At this point Cory came up from the basement and tried to adjust Alex's diaper before putting his pajamas back on him. Alex wouldn't let Cory touch the diaper, though. He kept saying, "No, I did it myself!" I have to admit that he did a pretty great job for doing it himself. Does this mean I can now just have Alex change his own diapers? Ha!
Hopefully he's sleeping now...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun stories! I especially love the diaper story. Way to go Alex!
Time for pull ups I think.

love grandma and grandpa