Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's official...

It's official. We've only gotten through 4.5 months of kindergarten and already my daughter is smarter than me! She's only 5, and she knows something important and useful that I do not know. She can now list off all of Africa's countries. I can sing the North American and South American Countries songs, but I can definitely not do Africa. There are a LOT of countries in Africa! I thought maybe by 4th grade or so she'd be learning things I didn't know, but Kindergarten?!?

OOPS, I thought I had uploaded the video here, but I guess I picked the wrong one. I'll try again.


!

p.s. I really do love comments, and I also like to know if anybody out there is even reading this blog. Anybody? Anyway, there's my shameless plea for comments. You don't have to comment on this particular post... just sometimes on some of them it would be nice. I promise it will make me smile. :) Thanks

8 comments:

Nicole said...

yes, molly is smart. i am not even sure i could name all 50 states. i'm serious - i never had to take geography - EVER - so i am a complete idiot w/this stuff. have molly sing her africa song for Michael - he would LOVE it!
p.s. maren likes looking at other kids but apparently likes listening to them, too - she was cooing the whole time molly was singing!

Joslin3 said...

Of course i'm impressed. And I definitely want to hear the Africa song!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog! I am VERY impressed! I don't think I could even name half of those countries. It's nice to know what a great foundation she's getting in geography in Kindergarten.

Rachel said...

Hey, I don't know that stuff !! You should just send her straight to college. She is a sponge. She will soak it all up !!

Anonymous said...

We are completely in awe!! I was laughing so hard with your opening statement! She proved smarter than her grandparents with her North America counties. Sure hope you can save this blog. You do a wonderful job on it. WE love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! I read your blog and always enjoy it. Your kiddos are so smart! We need to get together sometime soon--it's been much too long.

Leah Miller said...

I bet you are still smarter than Molly in a few things.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am so not looking foward to Zoe's first day of school! What happened to kindergarten being where they learn how to read, write, and color????